87% of Recently Qualified Accountants are optimistic about their future in Ireland
Recently Qualified Accountants optimistic about their future in Ireland
At last! Positive news coming from our Recently Qualified Accountants survey.
The majority of those surveyed are happy to stay in Ireland and do not feel they have to emigrate to secure work. This has changed significantly since last year when 50% said they were willing to move abroad to secure employment. The majority are optimistic about the continued recovery of the Irish Economy.
Recently Qualified Survey Findings
We recently conducted a survey of Qualified Accountants, who had qualified over the last 3 years, and some key findings that jumped out at us were;
* 81% of the respondents had trained through an Accountancy Practice
* 87% are optimistic about the future
* 68% wish to progress their career within a Multi-national organisation
Our view of the current Jobs Market
These survey findings are backed-up by the current realities in the Market-place. Over the past 6 months the number of finance vacancies we are sourcing for organisations has more than doubled over the corresponding period 1 year earlier. In particular, we have seen a noticeable increase in the number of Financial Reporting vacancies within Multi-national organisations.
This is, in no small way, as a result of the IDA continuing to attract much needed FDI into Ireland. In 2013 alone the IDA reported that over 78 companies had invested in Ireland for the first time and they estimate that over 166,000 people are directly employed by just over 1,100 FDI companies.
Given that a significant number of these companies locate their EMEA financial reporting hubs in Ireland, this has contributed to the continued increase in the requirement for qualified Accountants to take on Financial Reporting roles within these organisations.
What does this mean for you as a Qualified Accountant?
If you wish to progress your career within one of these Financial Reporting roles, then you need to be aware that Hiring Managers have a strong preference for individuals who;
* Have trained through one of the larger practices with experience of working with a Multi-national client
* Have experience of working with the financial reporting function of a Multi-national organisation
* Are familiar with US GAAP &/or IFRS Reporting requirements
* Have experience of an ERP System (eg Oracle or SAP) and have Advanced Excel (eg V-lookup & Pivots)
If you would like to learn more about the current Jobs Market, please feel free to contact me on 061-414455 / email@example.com.