Our Client, Rockwell Engineering, are currently seeking a Senior Operations Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. This role will report to the Operations Director.
Rockwell Engineering are a specialist mechanical contractor, working directly for many of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies predominately based in Ireland.
The company is thirty years in business, head quartered in Cork city, has circa 90 staff and a strong balance sheet.
The Senior Operations Manager, a member of the core leadership team, will be an experienced manager with strong organisational management and commercial skills. This appointment represents the first step in looking at strengthening and broadening the management base of the company and apart from the skills above we are looking to recruit someone with the potential to progress to director/M.D. level. Capacity to take a lead role in the winning of profitable commercial work and managing the successful execution of same with the assistance of the company’s project managers and in-house engineering staff is essential to the role.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop a good understanding of company systems, pricing, project management and commercial returns
- In the long term, act as team lead on tender review meetings and be engaged with the process of winning new work
- Oversee the delivery of projects by several project managers
- Ensure that projects are successful, and clients are happy and well managed
- Attend monthly management meetings with the Managing Director and Operations Director
- Educated to degree level. A background in Mechanical Engineering would be an advantage
- Must possess the capacity to drive systems to organise people and data around construction projects, to ensure all stakeholders know precisely where projects are at.
- Must have a very strong capacity to communicate and present professionally to clients
- Must have confidence in your own ability and a practical mind
- Good integration with all staff is essential
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the experience required, please email your CV to Maurice Carr
Following your application for this specific role, BDO Recruitment may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.