Our Client is currently seeking a Plant Manager for a US multinational medical device manufacturer with production, injection moulding and lean experience and proven and leadership skills. 60 staff.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for directing and coordinating activities of the Ireland manufacturing facility to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operation in a unionized environment. This position reports to the Division’s Global Operations Director.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively analyze Key Performance Indicators for operation and adjust/implement lean manufacturing and quality processes and systems leveraging corporate Toolbox – 80/20, PLS, etc., lean principals, 5S and related world class manufacturing improvement techniques/framework to produce optimum operational excellence and P&L improvement.
- Directs operational strategies to continuously deliver exceptional customer service.
- Drives improvements in customer-facing metrics (on-time delivery, quality, lead time) and delivers best-in-class operations around production efficiency and health and safety, while driving continuous improvement and waste reduction initiatives.
- Develop competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development as required to achieve site objectives
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Champions the Company Leadership Development framework, developing talent within the location, identifying and developing key leaders for future roles.
- Support new product development introductions and modifications with the engineering group in support of design, process, and validation functions.
- Lead, develop, and implement policies and procedures that support and drive annual financial plan.
- Exercise all elements of supervision directly and on a delegated basis in recruitment and training of new employees, assigning duties and responsibilities, evaluating performance, recommending personnel actions, and maintaining a high degree of morale and effectiveness within the work force
- Supports and recommend, through the capital expenditure process, the purchase of new equipment, plant utilizes & services.
- Reviews operational performance & capacity of existing injection moulding equipment & processes to support the business needs.
- Develop site production operating budget for review and approval by Operations Director, with monthly review of production activities against budget cost centers with the Division Controller or Site Accounting Manager.
- Develop viable HR/Operations Plans, Budgets and Strategy to deliver appropriate manpower planning, resource forecasts, operational efficiencies and labor cost savings
- Deliver and implement IR Plan with unions, management and employees on working benefits.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Relevant 3rd Level Engineering or Manufacturing Degree, with a higher post-graduate qualification being a distinct advantage.
- Minimum 10 years’ management experience leading a lean manufacturing operation conducting injection moulding & plastic assembly manufacturing in a cleanroom environment.
- Medical device/component industry experience.
- Management experience in a unionized facility.
- Strong business analytical skills supporting running a 24/7 manufacturing site
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to Maurice Carr